About Me

My photo
Mild mannered woman child by day. Insane cartoonist by night. Mel one day hopes to figure out the meaning of life, comics are a tool to accomplish this goal, while not taking herself too seriously. OR AT LEAST IT WAS. NOW? Now it is said crazy persons attempt at making a comic choir, Because we all sound a little less crazy when we sing the crazy TOGETHER. THAT'S how mob mentality works!

Blog Archive

Friday, April 13, 2018

My mechanical heart, gets up everyday.


This is one of my favorites of the pile of unused comics I have laying around.  The hardest part of the day is getting out of bed.  You can feel surrounded by the worries of the world, all the nagging doubts that your mind creates, but I always remember my family and friends during those moments.  I have a blessed life with all I could ever need.  The monster in the front though.  That one hides deep in my heart, compassion, crippling and necessary.  Thinking things through takes time or the snake spits venom on everyone.

I love my mechanical heart,
It was complete at the start,
But we all need to restart,
At the beginning and end of the day,
Or what will we be?
Am I the monster in-front,
or behind me?

No comments:

Post a Comment